Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to do true due diligence on ICOs? What are you going to diligence?
Although ICOs cannot be diligenced and researched in a traditional, quantitative sense, we will professionalize and standardize the investment decision-making process by assessing potential investments with a hedge fund / private equity lens. Any quantitative analysis would not be used to set a strict price target or valuation, but only contribute to a discussion of value drivers. For more information, see Section III of our whitepaper. As we begin to release proprietary research reports and write on our blog, we hope to give readers additional flavor for how we analyze the idiosyncratic assets in this space.
What differentiates HGR from other similar projects?
We believe HGR is differentiated vis a vis other similar offerings as follows:
- Our longer-term investment theses driven by fundamental analysis, value-based investing and primary research (vs. shorter-term focus and day-trading)
- Professional team with formal training in finance, operations and engineering that is optimally equipped to apply (and adapt as necessary) traditional investment principles to the crypto market
- Partnership with Strategic Coin ("SC") (StrategicCoin.com), the leading advisory and research firm in the cryptocurrency space.
Why did you decide to partner with Strategic Coin?
We believe the partnership with Strategic Coin will be accretive to HGR returns given the following reasons:
- Exclusive access to proprietary investment opportunities through SC’s network, often at meaningful pre-sale discounts (~20-50%). Such opportunities will be pre-filtered for quality given the rigorous standards required to become an SC client. Further, SC relationships will grant HGR with unique access to management teams, enhancing our due diligence process.
- Both HGR and its portfolio tokens will take advantage of SC’s deep bench of subject-matter-experts and executive advisors in investment and operational decision-making processes.
- HGR will also receive preferred terms with SC’s other partnerships with industry heavy hitters, such as Global 50 law firm Goodwin Procter.
- Sharing of research and best practices across organizations, enabling more penetrating insights as compared to a standalone entity.
How will you be storing your crypto assets and how secure will they be?
Given our longer-term focus, for the majority of our holdings, HGR will be employing a security solution that combines multi-signature functionality with cold storage. Further, any “hot” wallet holdings will be dispersed across a variety of accounts and exchanges. All this ultimately culminates in an asset security model with broadly distributed points of failure – for a more detailed discussion of this topic, please see Section IV of our white paper.
Where is HGR Registered?
HGR is registered in Delaware.